Saturday 4 April 2015

Run, Run, Run

First run in 30 years...

The Lunatic dragged me out today. Literally!

Well I never would have thought that I would be doing this activity again. The last time I did this was nearly 30 years ago when I was at school, 1986 in a school cross-country race. Guess I gave it up because it was not safe but also I was not encouraged to do any sort of exercise or sport once teachers etc were aware of my vision loss.

Looking back now I can see that was wrong.

But now all I do is look forward.

My aim is to show that anything is possible, a bit like running one foot in front of the other and don't look back. So yes today's activity was running. I did about 3 miles with some rests but it felt good. I ache a bit now, probably more in the morning.

We used a rope with a moveable knot to give a bit more movement to guide me (which Mark has made for his harness on the Eiger for me to grip when needed), it worked well. I look forward to the next run (I think). I suppose what I am doing and saying is that if you are a parent, teacher, or run a sport clubs or are involved with children/young adults in any way and they have a disability don't hold them back let them have a go, it may or may not work out but let them work it out for themselves.


mmm?

John.


No comments:

Post a Comment